Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Memories...bla la la la la Moonlight...

I'm not trying to compete with Marie (as if!), but her recent blogs have me thinking about the trip I took to Egypt and the Middle East back in 2000. That was a great trip. Truly Amazing.

Here are a couple of my pics from Egypt. Alas, I don't have time to write more right now. Enjoy...


The Great Pyramid of Cheops! Giza


Cheops again. It's big.


Me & Sphinxie (I need a shave, he needs a nose)


Saqqara "step" pyramid (King Zoser 2667-48 BC)
(Zoser was big in Sumeria)


Temple of Isis (Philae)


Luxor Temple & Obelisk (collect 'em all!)


Colossi of Ramses II in Abu Simbel

Pretty cool, eh?

_

7 comments:

Sara Kocher said...

Hey, where are the laser beams shooting out of the Luxor temple?

You know, like this.

Steve Buccellato said...

You laugh, but actually they do a pretty wild Sound & Light show in Giza. Like this.

Sara Kocher said...

Holy cow. Disney has taken over the world. Literally.

Marie Javins said...

Should I bother with that sound and light show, Steve? I saw the Karnak one once and just about fell asleep... but it's not like it's far away.

Marie Javins said...

And I'm looking forward to the next installment of photos. Sinai?

Steve Buccellato said...

I thought the light show was pretty good--if you like that kind of thing. They played music from Lawrence of Arabia! It's probably better drunk.

Errr...what do you mean next photo installment?

mmclaurin said...

Eh, you seen one eons-old man made marvel that took decades and countelss lives to create, on a monumental scale that can be seen from space and represents centuries of human achievement,
and you seen 'em all.