Thursday, April 10, 2008

Belated Post

Howdy. I feel rather lame about not posting for a while. And lamer still when I see what drivel I've posted so far this year. For this, dear reader, I must apologize. It's not that I don't have anything to write about, I just haven't had much time lately. Things are really crazy right now, as I try to finish a bunch of work before I leave for the New York Comic-Con next week.

NEXT WEEK?!? AKKK!

Anyway, I'll post again soon. At least I still blog more frequently than Sara. I mean, her last post was hilarious, but it's been four months! Simon's been pretty quiet lately as well. I guess everyone's got better things to do...

I've been reading some interesting stuff, and I'd like to recommend some of it. I'm on a Revolutionary War kick lately...



Some excellent reading. Riveting stuff. I'll write more on that later. Also, I need to write a post about some wacky performances I've seen lately...




Remind me, okay?

Right now, I have to get back to inking. This week I'm simultaneously working on a short story about a sand storm in the Wadi Rum for Marie, a 2-page comic strip for a Teen magazine in Poland, writing another Princess Ai story for TOKYOPOP, coloring the last issue of Bat Lash for DC, and doing grey-tones for Don's new Star Trek Manga, and some other miscellaneous stuff. Here's a peek at the Teen Mag thingie...



Anyway, I'd better get cracking. Meanwhile, why don't you go click over to Mike Manley's blog and read his explosive rants about the comics biz. And look at his purdy art while you're at it.

Here's a pic of me in Wadi Rum, Jordan back in Y2K (cue the theme from Lawrence of Arabia)...



And, hey-- If you're going to the New York Comic-Con, let me know! Seeya!

3 comments:

chummy's mum said...

We hope to be able to swing by Comicon NYC on Friday evening. Maybe we will see you there. :)

Steve Buccellato said...

Cool! On Friday from 4-5 PM, I will be on a Princess Ai panel for Tokyopop, so I will be around.

Don Hudson said...

Is it the 3rd year for this con? Have fun, I wish I was there!