Thursday, April 21, 2011

Meanwhile...

I'd like to direct you to some interesting writing going over on Jim Shooter's new blog. He is currently posting a series of edited transcriptions from a 1994 seminar he presented on storytelling.

This is a subject I've been thinking about a lot lately, in regards to my own work and a new project that has been percolating in the back of my mind. Jim's thoughts on storytelling are valuable, succinctly stated and well worth reading.

Jim has certainly been a controversial, and often polarizing figure in comics. He was the Editor-in-Chief at Marvel back when I started as a high school intern. In the time that followed, there was a period of legendary, well-publicized bad blood between Jim and his editorial team. Personally, I must say that I have never had any unpleasant interactions with him, and I certainly respect his reverence for creators like my old boss, Archie Goodwin.

In any case, that was long time ago. Today, Jim's contributions to comics are undeniable, and it's interesting to read his thoughts and shared knowlwdge with the perspective of time.

No comments: