Thursday, May 03, 2012

Hey, Kids...Comics!

Hey there! So, my brother Brian has been working on a lot of cool comic book stuff lately (more than me!), and so I thought I'd give him a little shout-out. He's recently gotten a lot of attention as co-writer on DC Comics' The Flash, working with artist Francis Manapul on the New 52 reboot.

He's also doing some darn-fine coloring on that book, I must say. (taught him everything he knows!) ;)

Additionally, he has been self-publishing a book of his own creation called Foster. It's a small-press affair that has been gaining momentum and some really nice press. So far he's published 3 issues...no small feat. As a sometimes=self publisher myself, I'm very pleased and appreciate the hard work behind a venture like that. You all should check it out, there are links on his website.
And while you're at it, take a look at his new Kickstarter campaign. In another ambitious move, Brian plans to publish an anthology of stories that will provide a deeper look in to the world of Foster... and get it printed in time for Comic-Con this July. That's just around the corner, so this will require some minor miracles.

But YOU can help him out! Just follow the links to his Kickstarter page where you can pledge any amount of cash, large or small. In return, you can receive some interesting rewards. For example, pledge $50 and you can get a copy of the printed anthology that includes an original sketch cover by Yours Truly. Oh, did I mention that I'm drawing something on the inside?

Personally, I'm hoping this all comes together as planned. This year I will be at Comic-Con again, with a table in Artist's Alley. And I will have copies of the book. If you plan to be in San Diego too, you really need to come by and take a look-see.

Meanwhile, a word from my handsome little brother...

No comments: