Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Recent Illustration Work

Hello & happy spring. At least, it feels like spring here.

Just thought I'd post some art today. First, a recent magazine cover for The Writer's Chronicle...


I'd posted this Will Eisner-inspired drawing previously, but here you can see it in context with the logo & cover copy in place. Originally, it was intended to be an interior illustration to accompany an article, but they liked it so much, they ised it twice. Below shows how they used it on the left-hand side of an interior spread...


(I'd show the whole spread, but this is all I have!)

Next is one I just finished this week, a cover for LION magazine. The subject relates to an article about all the Lion's Club related sites you can travel to around the world...


And here's a mockup of how it will probably end up looking with logo & stuff...


Bit of trivia: The Lion illustration was my first attemp at using Manga Studio 5 software to draw 'comic book style' art. I'm pretty pleased with the result.

I've also been working quite a bit on some interesting projects for a UK based company that develops stage shows called Park Resorts. Currently they are rolling out a couple of new productions, and I've been doing a variety of things for them, including designing logos, stage backdrops, projected video animation art, character & costume design, and even a PUPPET!

I'll post more details on all that another time, but here's a little peek at some of the characters of "Supersquad Heroes" as drawn by me, and starting to come to life in rehearsals...!


(A 'shout out' to the very awesome Nat Dawson, posing in the middle, who brought me on to the project and who has been an exceptional client! -- photo from the Park resorts Facebook page)

As you can see, I've been pretty busy these past couple months, on a variety of different projects like these and others. Haven't even mentioned the Dalai Lama yet, have I? Hmmm....

All I can say is... MORE SOON!  Take care of yourselves! :)

No comments: