Friday, November 30, 2007

Bat Lash

Another thing I've been working on lately is a new Bat Lash limited series from DC Comics. It's written by western author Peter Brandvold and the amazing Sergio Aragones and drawn by a master of old-west comics, the one-and-only John Severin. Covers are by Walt Simonson (no adjectives necessary). I haven't done much comic book coloring in the past couple of years, but how could I resist that line-up? Especially as I was specifically requested by the artist. Good for the ol' self-esteem, y'know?


Frankly, I know nothing about the old Bat Lash character, except for what I found on the wiki. However, the new series is shaping up to be a cool project that I'm happy to be associated with. The story is gripping and the art is gorgeous. Here's a little peek at some pages from issue one...






Dude can draw a horse, eh?

2 comments:

Don Hudson said...

The Severin stuff is beautiful and your color is sugar sweet!

Steve Buccellato said...

Thanks, DH!