Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Elephantmen!

Pretty tired right now for some reason, but I wanted to post a sneak-peek at my latest project before I collapse in an unconscious heap.

Today I finished drawing an 8-page back-up story for Elephantmen, that will be published by Image Comics and Active Images around the end of the year. I am extremely pleased with how it's turning out. I just finished the inks, and now I can start coloring the hell out of it. I think that the past year of intense drawing has paid off. This story is going to be a great showcase for my work.

Anyway, here's a page of inks:



I think it's pretty cool right now, but it's gonna be great in color, IMHO.

In case you're wondering what you're looking at, it's Hip Flask's sidekick, Vanity Case rushing through Piazza San Marco for a cup o' joe. See, in the dark & gritty world of Elephantmen, the Italian city has finally fallen into the sea. Thankfully, these spectacular monuments were saved--and transported to Venice, California! Personally, I love that idea. I hope it happens for real. You know...unless they can safely keep it where it is now, of course!

1 comment:

Simon said...

Wow, that's a beautiful image with a lovely, graceful ink line Moebius would be proud of, SB! Lookin' forward to seeing the colored version...