Friday, August 10, 2007

Post-Convention Ramblings

Sorry that I haven't posted anything since August 1st. Just been swamped since Comic-Con, trying to catch up with all the things I didn't finish before Comic-Con. That's right, I haven't finished my convention video either. The sound was crap, so I'm turning it into an exciting montage. Any ideas what music should accompany??? I'm trying to avoid the obvious choices like People are Strange. I think we've all seen that a few too many times.

Last Saturday I dropped by Blizzcon for a little while. That was surreal. Thousands of people in a dark room, playing video games they already play at home--and paying $100 bucks a head for the privilege. Now I know I'm in the wrong business! Did I say that the games looked freakin' awesome?! We used to play Warcraft pretty often at the Mad Science Media studio, back in the day. It's amazing what a phenomenon it has become. And the new version of Starcraft looks fantastic.

Actually, I was there with my TOKYOPOP editor (and blood brother) Rob Tokar, hoping to meet some of the Blizzard folk. Last week I drew up some samples to show them in hopes of working on their Warcraft manga. Here's a "Night Elf..."



I also drew a big battle pin-up. We'll see if I get "approved" to work on the book.

Meanwhile, I have been back to work on my Elephantmen story for Active Images. It's just an 8-page back up story that I'm drawing & coloring, but it has been quite a challenge! The script is jammed with little details and rich backgrounds. I just finished the pencils yesterday, and I'm pretty pleased. Should be my best work to-date, and I'm looking forward to showing it off. You know--to get more work! Must...keep...working! In any case, I'll post some images here once they're inked.

Also, I'm trying to find ways to promote my new OEM, Battle of the Bands, even as I discuss a second volume with my publisher. If you've picked it up, I'd love to get some feedback. If you haven't seen it, I hope you'll check it out--and tell a friend! As of this writing, I have one in-store signing planned at The Comic Bug in Manhattan Beach, California on Wednesday, August 29th from 5-8PM. If you're in the area, I hope you'll come by and say hello. I'll be signing books along with my pal, Tricia Riley Hale, author of TOKYOPOP's Grand Theft Galaxy. Should be a HOOT! I'll post more details a week before the signing. You know...to remind you.

Now, as I was, in fact, born a rambling man, I'd love to keep writing, but I must WORK! Have a great day!

Remember: Give me music recommendations for my video, and feedback on my book! Thanks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your art is bloody amazing. I love your style, really simple but still very cool!