Sunday, June 13, 2010

Author Fair Aftermath

Last week's 10th Annual Author Fair in El Segundo went well. Don Hudson and I improvised a demonstration on drawing comics that was pretty amusing. It evolved into a format where I took general questions from the audience, while Don drew requests on a large sketch pad. Ultimately, we came up with an impromptu 6-panel comic story about a polar bear.

photo by Shawna James

Afterwards we separated, Don remaining in the Children's section of the library, so he could talk about his work on the Warriors series with the kids. My printed work was deemed more "mature," so they sat me upstairs in the main library, along with my pal Tricia Riley Hale, author of Grand Theft Galaxy. We spent a pleasant hour or so, chatting with library patrons, and all went out for beer afterwards.

Good times. Thanks to all of you who came by to see us!

No comments: