Monday, July 09, 2012

Comic-Con 2012: Update!

Hello friends,

As previously posted, I will be down in Comic-Con this week, and doing sketches and stuff in ARTIST'S ALLEY. My table # is FF-20, and I thought I'd better let you know what I'll be doing there...

First of all, I'm happy to help promote my brother Brian's new self-published book, Foster. As you may, or may not know, Brian is also a comic book creator who has been largely known as a colorist for Marvel & DC for many years (just like me!). But recently, he has also received a lot of attention as co-writer of The Flash (collaborating with artist Francis Manapul). His new-found fame has enabled him to launch a series of his own called Foster, which now has four issues in print, plus an exciting anthology of new stories that has been produced just in time for the 'Con.

Why am I telling you this? Because I am a proud contributor to Foster Anthology, having drawn one story, plus one of the 6 different variant covers. The whole line of Foster books will be available for sale at my Artist's Alley table, and I'll be happy to sell them to anyone who wants one! I'll even include a special CUSTOM SKETCH CARD!

On the other hand, I refuse to sell Brian's ridiculous tee shirt...

You'll need to get in touch with him yourself if you want one. I refuse to get involved. Brian will also be hanging around my table at some specifically scheduled times if you want to meet him. Or ask him about his shirt. For more info on his busy schedule, read this.

Besides sketching and hawking Foster products, I will also be carrying a selection of my own comics from days past (Weasel Guy, Battle of the Bands, Comiculture, etc.) and drawing CUSTOM SKETCHES of anything your heart desires! (Unless your hear desires some sicko stuff that I refuse to draw!). Prices of sketches will vary, depending on subject matter and on how 'tight' or detailed a sketch you want 'em.

For art-lovers on a budget, I am also continuing a new tradition that I started last year by offering SPECIAL $5 THEMED SKETCHES!!! Last year, I drew ELVES all Sunday, and decreed it to be "ELF DAY." It was so much fun, that I decided to do a different theme each day this year. Themes were chosen by a Facebook poll, and the results have determined the following sketch schedule:

• Wednesday, July 11 (Preview Night): $5 WEASELS!

• Thursday, July 12 (Morning only): $5 SASQUATCHES!

• Thursday, July 12 (Afternoon only): $5 MERMAIDS!

• Friday, July 13 (All day): $5 JUNGLE GIRLS!

• Saturday, July 14 (Morning only): $5 OCTOPHANTS!

• Saturday, July 14 (Afternoon only): $5 MUTANTS!

• Sunday, July 15 (Morning only): $5 ELVES!


If you'd like a sketch from one of these categories, please find me on the days above. Unfortunately, I will need to leave early-ish on Sunday (the traditional Elf-Day), so find me EARLY! Once more, I'll be in ARTIST'S ALLEY, TABLE FF-20! See you there! And follow my Twitter feed here: @SteveBuccellato

Thanks! I hope to meet you in San Diego! Steve

No comments: