Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Mythical Creatures Contest!

Hello there! Comic-Con was awesome this year, and I'll need to dedicate a blog post towards summing up the highlights soon. Meanwhile, thanks to all of you who dropped by my Artist's Alley table to say hello and/or pick up one of my themed sketches.
This was the second year the DeviantArt has hosted Artist's Alley at Comic-Con, and they have definitely added something new and exciting to the mix. I've been an on-again-off-again member of the DeviantArt community for several years, and find it to be a very worthwhile community of talented artists (many of whom I'm currently collaborating with--but that's another story).
Right now there is a cool contest going on at the DeviantArt website, where artists have submitted T-Shirt designs featuring mythological creatures. I've never participated in any of these contests...til now! I happen to have had a couple recent drawings that fit the bill, so I mocked them up and entered these two designs:
Like 'em? If you are a fellow Deviant, you can follow these links to give me your vote for CYCLOPS! or MERMAID! If you are a DeviantArt member, you will see a button that says "I WANT THIS!" -- That's the button to press to cast your vote (yeah, that's a bit confusing...)

Anywho...Thanks Much!

1 comment:

Don Hudson said...

I like that Cyclops!